Senior Product / User Experience Designer
Hey, thanks for checking out my resume. I'm always interested in hearing about a new opportunity. If you'd like to chat please reach out using the contact info below. Cheers!
Table of Contents
📍 Austin, Texas
Senior Product Designer
🏢 Pluralsight (Formerly A Cloud Guru)
🗓 May 2021 - Present
I joined A Cloud Guru in May 2021 to lead design efforts on their B2B product-led growth initiatives (onboarding experience, free trials, feature promotion). More recently I've been focused on improving the content Search and Discovery experience (search, browse, onboarding, recommendations). In June 2021 A Cloud Guru was acquired by Pluralsight.
B2B Growth Team
- Deliver designs and improvements to key product-led growth initiatives, including the Admin Onboarding experience, B2B Free Trials and connecting B2B users to premium features like Learning Paths (connecting users to value).
- Conduct discovery define project vision and prioritize team efforts alongside PM.
- Define, track and measure feature release success using research tools (i.e., Fullstory).
- Synthesize research findings (turnover, conversion, frustration signals, pain points) into actionable insights used to align the team, drive decision making, and create roadmaps.
Search & Discovery Team
- Design, test and deliver concepts focused around connecting users to relevant content quickly. This includes improving the Click Through Rate and Conversion Rate of our Search and Browse pages (introducing personalized recommendations, search improvements, content category pages).
- Conduct and lead integration efforts around combining the A Cloud Guru search experience with the Pluralsight search experience. This includes content mapping, experience mapping, concept creation and more.
- Synthesize, measure and refine designs using key search and discovery metrics like: Click Through Rate, Conversion Rate, Time to Convert, etc.
Pluralsight + A Cloud Guru Integration
Since the acquisition I have led design efforts around the integration of the ACG search experience and the existing Pluralsight search experience. Responsibilities here include: Surfacing content mapping decisions, identifying critical scenarios and use cases, visualizing the differences between search systems and how to best bring them together.
🗓 January 2019 - May 2021
I rejoined IBM in early 2019 as a Design Lead. The majority of my time at IBM was spent leading a small design team focused on delivering improvements to IBM Cloud's Billing and Cost Management experience.
- Shipped 10+ key IBM Cloud billing initiatives, including improvements to our invoicing, credit card, usage monitoring, cost optimization and enterprise experiences. These releases have reduced the number of incoming support tickets and the cost to provide support, while strengthening relationships with some of our largest partners.
- Create prototypes, concepts and high-fidelity design artifacts while working directly with developers to ensure implementation accuracy.
- Work directly with PMs and developers to establish a cross-functional team process. This includes leading a design team and running various sprint-related meetings (standups, grooming, etc.). Improvements here have shifted the team from prioritizing work based off features to prioritizing based on end-user needs.
- Contribute to 4 research initiatives led by our user-experience researcher. This includes synthesizing feedback from 230 user interviews into actionable design tasks and creating roadmaps based off the jobs-to-be-done framework.
User Experience Designer
🗓 July 2017 - December 2019
Lead product design efforts on ActiveProspect’s LeadConduit & TrustedForm platforms.
- Defined, led and executed product design delivery process (sprints, design phases, backlog grooming, retros, stakeholder management, etc.).
- Created sketches, flows, wireframes and visual artifacts using design prototyping tools.
- Conducted design research tasks needed to conceptualize, validate and plan product features and experiences consistently across platforms.
- Defined personas, conducted usability studies and synthesized user feedback.
User Experience Designer / Des Developer
🗓 January 2014 - June 2017
User Experience Designer on IBM Cloud, IBM’s original cloud platform.
- Designed the Bluemix service console, informed by service provider research.
- Designed and delivered a consistent navigation pattern to span the platform.
- Created a methodology for capturing & sharing user journey maps across the org.
- Used analytic tools (e.g., Amplitude & NPS) to deliver research reports that detail how users interact with the product, their painpoints and where drop-off occurs.
- Adobe Suite
- Pen & paper